This image is on the Francis Frith web site and is subject to copyright.
Dated 1906, it shows the rear of the remains of the watermill from the floodgates.
It is a much more pleasing scene than the present day, with well maintained hedge and pathway.
Examination of a quality print, from Francis Frith, appears to show the presence of a water wheel in the right hand wheel house. This is being investigated further.
On the right hand bank is a boat house and, behind that, another roofed building. These no longer exist.
It is worth comparing this with the modern photo to see how the walls have been repaired.